Go therefore and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you" (Mt 28:19-20).
The fruit of Baptism, or baptismal grace, is a rich reality that includes forgiveness of original sin and all personal sins, birth into the new life by which the baptized becomes an adoptive child of the Father, a member of Christ, and a temple of the Holy Spirit. By this very fact, the person baptized is incorporated into the Church, the Body of Christ, and made a sharer in the priesthood of Christ. (Catechism of the Catholic Church, #1278)
Infant Baptism (New Born to age 6)
Baptizing a baby into the Catholic Faith is one of the most joyous occasion in our parish!
Here is the process to have your child baptized:
- Complete the required paperwork (download the forms below or stop into the parish office to pick them up)
- Parents and Godparents attend the baptism preparation class (See below for dates)
- Speak with David in the parish office to schedule the baptism with the priest or deacon. All paperwork must be competed before we can schedule the baptism.
Please contact David Charboneau in the parish office: firstname.lastname@example.org or 253-649-4240
Required paperwork (Click to download):
- Infant baptism registration form. A copy of the child's birth certificate must be submitted with form.
- Godparent Application (one for each Godparent). A copy of the Godparent's Confirmation certificate and marriage certificate (if married) must be submitted with form.
Upcoming Baptism Classes:
Classes meet in the parish hall.
- Sept 22, 2018 9am
- For children ages 7 to 18 see the Rite of Christian Initiation for Children (RCIC) page.
- For Adults 18 years and older see the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) page.