Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion (EMHC) assist the priest in distributing the Sacred Body and Blood of Christ at Mass. Their love for the Eucharist is reflected in their love for the members of the Body of Christ, the Church. The celebration of Mass as the action of Christ and the People of God is the center of the whole Christian life for the Church both universal and local, as well as for each of the faithful individually.
Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion also take communion to the sick and home-bound, providing a link between all parishioners: those who attend Mass and those who are not able.
Requirements for Readers and EMHC:
- Registered Member of the Parish
- Fully initiated Roman Catholic (received Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist)
- If Married, must be Sacramentally or validly Married in the Catholic Church
- Participating Catholic (attends Mass every Sunday & makes regular Confession) with a prayerful devotion to the Liturgy and the Eucharist
- Attend required trainings -- an initial introductory training plus annual in-services.
Read more about EMHC on the US Bishops' Website: http://www.usccb.org/prayer-and-worship/the-mass/order-of-mass/liturgy-of-the-eucharist/extraordinary-ministers-of-holy-communion-at-mass.cfm
If you are interested in serving as an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion, please contact David in the parish office:
email@example.com / 253-649-4240
All Scheduling for EMHCs is done via our online scheduler: www.rotundasoftware.com/ministry/sngh (ministers will receive log-in information once they are trained).